I. Procedure for Provisional Registration at the Union of Comoros Ship Registry
1. APPLICATION FORM TO REGISTER A SHIP UNDER THE UNION OF COMOROS FLAG (4 pages-click here)
The attached form should be completed as appropriate. Upon completion must be stamped and signed by ship"s owners.
2. BILL OF SALE
• In case that the ownership under the flag will be the same as under ship"s existing flag, a copy of the last Bill of Sale is required. In this Bill of Sale the signature of sellers must be identified. Required Bill of Sale should be authenticated as “certified true copy of the original one” by a Notary, approved Lawyer, Consul, Registrar or any other official authority.
• In case that a new Bill of Sale is executed and consequently the ownership under the flag will be a different one than the owner under existing flag, this Bill of Sale is required. In this Bill of Sale a Notary, Lawyer, Consul, Registrar or any other official authority must verify the signatures of both Seller(s).
Executing of Bill of Sale can be conducted in our office of Deputy Registrar.
• In case of new build vessel Builders Certificate must be submitted.
3. GOOD-STANDING CERTIFICATE
An updated good-standing certificate of the owning company of the vessel is necessary.
4. NON OF ENCUMBRANCE OR DELETION CERTIFICATE
Also is mandatory an updated Non of Encumbrances or Deletion certificate of the vessel from its existing registry.
5. CONFIRMATION OF SHIP"S CLASS SOCIETY
A fax confirmation should be send directly to our company by the ship"s Classification Society confirming that they will issue its Class & Trading certificates under the flag upon the completion of its registration and surveys.
6. CONFIRMATION FROM RADIO TRAFFIC ACCOUNTING AUTHORITY
A fax confirmation addressed to the “Maritime Administration of the flag” must be sent directly from ship"s Radio Traffic Accounting Authority confirming that the vessel is in contract with them.
7.CONFIRMATION FROM VESSEL"S P&I CLUB.
A fax confirmation addressed to the “Maritime Administration of the flag” must be sent directly from vessel"s P&I club confirming that the vessel has been insured.
Copy of ship"s full term ITC"69 (International Tonnage Certificate 1969) under the existing flag is required.
9.COPIES OF SHIP"S EXISTING GOVERNMENTAL CERTIFICATES
Copies of Registration, Radio Station License and Minimum Safe Manning certificates of the vessel under the existing flag are also required.
The ISM Certificates DOC and SMC can be issued by Flag Administration directly. If ISM Code is applicable for your vessel, copies of existing DOC and SMC certificates of it required to be submitted
If ISPS Code is applicable for your vessel, a copy of the management agreement between vessel"s owners and the managing company is required.
12. APPLICATION FOR CONTINUOUS SYNOPSIS RECORD (C.S.R.) FORM (click here)
If ISPS Code is applicable for your vessel, the owners / managers must apply for the issuance of the C.S.R. under the Union of Comoros Flag, using the specific form.
13. DECLARATION OF COMPANY SECURITY OFFICER (CSO) FORM (click here)
If ISPS Code is applicable for your vessel, the relative form is required, signed / stamped by the CSO.
14. CONFIRMATION OF SHIP’S CLASSIFICATION SOCIETY FOR ISPS CODE
The International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC) can be issued by Flag Administration directly. A fax confirmation should be send directly to our company by the ship’s Classification Society confirming that they will issue its Class & Trading certificates under the flag upon the completion of its registration and surveys.
15. CONTINUOUS SYNOPSIS RECORD FROM THE PREVIOUS FLAG
If ISPS Code is applicable for your vessel, the existing C.S.R. from the previous flag, is required.
By the receipt of all previous mentioned documents through fax or e-mail and provided the simultaneously settlement of the fee applicable, the Provisional Registration can be executed by us.
II. Permanent Registration under the Union of Comoros Flag
Later on within six months from the date of Provisional Registration of the vessel, following documents must be submitted to us in original in order be able to proceed in ship"s permanent registration:
- Original Application Form
- Original or Certified true copy of notarized Bill of Sale;
- Original Deletion Certificate from previous Flag;
- Original ships Carving and Making note Filled in, signed and Stamped by class surveyor;
- Original radio installation survey report Filled in, signed & Stamped by Class Surveyor and vessel"s operator / master (click here);
- Copies of valid Class & Statutory Certificates, SMC;
- Copy of DOC of the managing company;
- Copy of valid ISSC;
- Copy of C.S.R. from the previous flag indicating the date that the vessel was deleted from the registry, according to the requirements of SOLAS Convention, Ch.XI Reg. 5, paragraph 7 (if the ISPS code is applicable)